top of page

Borg Rated Perceived Exertion Scale: Cardiovascular

Borg Rated Perceived Exertion Scale Cardiovascular

Remove the intensity guess work and learn how to implement the Borg Rated Perceived Exertion (RPE) Scale for cardiovascular training to build endurance like some of your favorite anime heroes.

Guessing the intensity of your training will get you know where toward your anime hero goals. You can run at an easy pace everyday or consistenly run at a hard pace, but this will only lead to minimal or zero progress; it could possibly even lead to injury. Running at easy, moderate and hard intensities have their own benefits when it comes to building endurance. With that said, it's imperative to remove the "guess work" and train with purpose and with some direction.

The Borg Rated Perceived Exertion Scale provided below can help you remove the intensity "guess work". This RPE Scale helps you measure the intensity of a run workout based on how you "feel". For example if you have a programmed easy run, you would run in the RPE zone of 2-3 where you could carry on a conversation if you had a running buddy. On the other hand, if you have a day programmed for speed work, you would run in the RPE zone of 7-10 where breathing is difficult. This scale can be used as a more cost effective alternative to heart rate training to track intensity during your run workouts. Additionally, implementing the RPE scale to track intensity level will help warriors learn how to be more in tune with their body.

Borg rated perceived exertion scale cardiovascular

Disclaimer: All information presented and written within this article are intended for informational purposes only. You should not rely on this information as a substitute for, nor does it replace, professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. If you should choose to follow or participate in any workout, program or practice, you do so voluntarily and do not hold Initial Mile and it's founder responsible for any cause of injury or death. If you have any concerns or questions about your health, you should always consult with a physician or other health-care professional.


bottom of page